Be a Good Dog. Protect Your Home. Be Loyal To Those Who Are True.
These are the words of the Code of Man. Dogs have inherited the world, building the kingdom of Pugmire untold years after the Ages of Man.
In the world of Pugmire, dogs have been changed to use tools and language and they, along with other races of uplifted animals, seek to rediscover the world they’ve inherited. While some dogs use the leftovers of human technology, they believe it to be magic handed to them by their dead gods. Others seek to create an ideal civilization, using a Code of Man compiled from ancient, fragmentary lore. The explorers choose personal callings that determine their role in society and in their adventuring parties, such as the devout shepherds and the noble guardians.
The world is dangerous and mysterious. Dogs must contend with rivals like the cats from the Monarchies of Mau, as well as enemies such as the bizarre monsters that roam the landscape. Only the most courageous and loyal dogs will persevere.
Pugmire juxtaposes high fantasy tropes with the relationship between humans and domesticated dogs to create a light-hearted gaming experience. In this game filled with mystery, magic, and intrigue, you are a dog destined to explore the lost ruins of Man in search of relics, knowledge, and danger.
Some highlights of Pugmire include:
- Family-friendly world, inspired by comics, novels, films, and games such as Mouse Guard, Redwall, and early Dungeons & Dragonsreleases like the Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.
- New traditional fantasy rules system designed for quick character creation, heroic characters, and streamlined game play, with an emphasis on cooperation and action over competition and violence.
- Various callings and breeds that give focus to a character’s role in society and in the adventuring party.
- Rival races, like cats and badgers, along with terrifying and dangerous monsters that roam the landscape.
- Iconic characters, like Rex Pyrenees, and setting hooks to frame the mystery of this world.
Pugmire is one of the first of Onyx Path Publishing’s creator-owned games, produced in a partnership with veteran game designer Eddy Webb and his company, Pugsteady. It’s also part of the Open Development program featured on the Onyx Path website; you can follow Eddy’s posts for updates about this new game at www.theonyxpath.com.
Coming this fall, be sure to watch the Onyx Path website or subscribe to the company newsletter for your opportunity to get the Pugmire Early Access kit and to participate in the Pugmire crowdfunding campaign!